2. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect information about customers when customers visit our Sites or use our Services, including the following:
Registration and use information – When merchants register to use our Services by establishing an Account, we will collect Personal Data as necessary to offer and fulfil the Services they or their customers request. Depending on the Services marchants choose, we may require merchants to provide us with their name, postal address, telephone number, email address financial account information and identification information to establish an Account. We may require customers to provide us with additional Personal Data as customers use our Services.
Sharing of information with other gateways – when someone wants to make a payment to merchants, we will share the minimum required information on that payer with partner payment gateway as part of the requirements to process the payment or when sending settlement instructions. Depending on service required we may collect and share bank account numbers, and any other data required to meet the minimum CBN requirements on such transactions.
We may collect BVN for validation of bank accounts, to prevent fraud and/or to meet AML requirements.
Transaction and experience information – When merchants and their customers use our services or access our Sites, for example to receive or make payments, we collect information about the transaction, as well as other information associated with the transaction such as amount sent or requested, amount paid for products or services, merchant information, including information about any funding instruments used to complete the transaction, Device Information, Technical Usage Data, and Geo-location Information.
Participant information – When customers use our Services or access our Sites, we collect Personal Data customers provide us about the other participants associated with the transaction.
Receive a Payment: When a merchants receives a payment through our Services, we collect Personal Data such as name, postal address, telephone number, and financial account information about the participant who is making the payment and other parties involved in the transaction. The extent of Personal Data required about a participant may vary depending on the Services merchants are using to receive the payment.
Information about their public profile and their contacts – It may be easier for us to help merchants transact with their partners, clients and contacts if merchants choose to connect their contact list information with their Account or if their Account profile is publicly available. If customers establish an account connection between their device or a social media platform and their Account, we will use their contact list information (such as name, address, email address) to improve their experience when customers use the Services. When their Account profile is public, other users can find their profile to transact with them by searching by name, username, email, or mobile number on RevPro and confirm it’s customers by viewing their photo. Customers can make their Account profile private anytime in their RevPro settings.
Information that customers choose to provide us to obtain additional Services or specific online Services – If customers request or participate in an optional Site feature, or request enhanced Services or other elective functionality, we may collect additional information from customers. We will provide customers with a separate notice at the time of collection, if the use of that information differs from the uses disclosed in this Privacy Statement.
Personal Data about customers if customers use unbranded Services – certain Services are available without being required to log in to or establish an Account. We will collect Personal Data when customers are interacting with and making payments to merchants using our payment services when customers checkout with RevPro without logging into an account. For our unbranded payment services, their interaction is with the merchant, on their platform. If customers are an Account holder, or create an Account at a later date, we may collect information about unbranded transactions and associate them with their Account to improve their customers experience as an Account holder and for compliance and analytics purposes. If customers are not an Account holder, we will collect and store all information customers provide and use such information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Information about customers from third-party sources – We obtain information from third-party sources such as merchants, data providers, and credit bureaus, where permitted by law.
Other information we collect related to their use of our Sites or Services – We may collect additional information from or about customers when customers communicate with us, contact our customers support teams or respond to a survey.
3. WHY DO WE RETAIN PERSONAL DATA?
We retain Personal Data to fulfil our legal or regulatory obligations and for our business purposes. We may retain Personal Data for longer periods than required by law if it is in our legitimate business interests and not prohibited by law. If customer Account is closed, we may take steps to mask Personal Data and other information, but we reserve our ability to retain and access the data for so long as required to comply with applicable laws. We will continue to use and disclose such Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
4. HOW DO WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA?
We may Process Merchant and Customer information for the following reasons:
To operate the Sites and provide the Services, including to:
- initiate a payment;
- authenticate customer access to an Account;
- communicate with customers about their Account, the Sites, the Services, or RevPro;
- create an account connection between customer Account and a third-party account or platform;
- perform creditworthiness and other financial standing checks, evaluate applications, and compare information for accuracy and verification purposes and,
- keep customer Account and financial information up to date.
- To manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analysing, and improving the Services and the Sites’ performance and functionality. For example, we analyse User behaviour and perform research about the way customers use our Services.
- To manage risk and protect the Sites, the Services, Merchants and customers from fraud by verifying their identity. RevPro’s risk and fraud tools use Personal Data, Device Information, Technical Usage Data and Geo-location Information from our Sites and websites that offer RevPro Services to help detect and prevent fraud and abuse of the Services.
- To market to customers about RevPro products and Services and the products and services of unaffiliated businesses. We may also Process their Personal Data to uniquely tailor the marketing content and certain Services or Site experiences to better match customer interests on RevPro and other third-party websites.
- To provide personalized Services offered by RevPro on third-party websites and online services. We may use customer Personal Data and other information c